Bologna Health Jobs is searching for Consultants in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for a hospital in the Galway area (Ireland).
The hospital operates as a Level 3 model hospital. The hospital provides acute and elective paediatric, obstetric, medical and surgical/anaesthetic services. The hospital also has a 24/7 Emergency Department with 24,419 attendances in 2015.
The Maternity Department comprises of 33 beds and 4 delivery suites and has access to ICU and Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU). There were 1,816 mothers who had their babies delivered in 2016. There are 5 Consultant Obstetricians, the hospital has a long history in the provision of excellent maternity care through a range of specialist inpatient and outpatient services. The hospital has 24 hour on-call teams in Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Anaesthetics and Paediatrics. There are 33 inpatient beds, 4 labour wards and access to main theatre for caesarean sections. The hospital provides a 24 hour epidural service, an early pregnancy unit, urodynamics service, Gestational diabetes clinics and has a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Lactation. In addition, the hospital provides outreach clinics in Loughrea and Athlone. There is a Director of Midwifery and an Assistant Director of Midwifery for the Unit . The Units is recognised FOR Medical and Midwifery Training and has SpRs ,BST, GP Trainees, Interns and has Midwifery Student on placement. There is on site Paediatrics and access to Special Care Baby Unit. The Paediatric Unit comprises of 23 paediatric beds with 2 high dependency beds. The special care baby unit has 8 cots in total with 2 of these being high dependency/intensive care. In 2016, there were 311 admissions to the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU). The post has dedicated OPD, Labour Ward and Theatre Sessions there is secretarial support and Junior Doctors in Post. There is access to onsite private rooms. There are 7 General Medical Consultant covering Cardiology ,Diabetes, Endocrinology ,Respiratory and General Medicine in addition to 3 surgical consultants .
- Basic gross annual salary for Consultants in Obstetrics and Gynaecology goes from 122.000€ to 160.000€ + on-calls +allowances. Approximate net monthly salary of 6000-7000€ net/month after tax and pension deductions.
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants + public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants and 18 days per semester maximum for Registrar posts.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Good working conditions and environment.
- Travelling expenses for face to face interviews (if deemed suitable) will be refunded under certain conditions. Please note that a face to face interview is not strictly necessary as interviews can de done using Skype or telephone depending on each case.
- Allowance for children of 140€/month*child can be obtained once you become a resident if you have children under your responsibility.
- Very high quality of public schools free of charge.
- Bologna Health Jobs will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be: going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies, help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC), tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals, help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad, help with relocation issues, Tax advice, Career planning in Ireland, etc. In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so.
Requirements and Qualifications:
For Consultant level applications the following requirements apply:
Bologna Health Jobs is specialized in recruiting and placing doctors into permanent positions in private and public hospitals of Ireland.
Our business model is directed to supply the perfect fit not only towards our clients but also to the candidates. To do this will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be:
- Going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies.
- Help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC).
- Tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals.
- Help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad,
- Help with relocation issues.
- Tax advice.
- Career planning in Ireland.
In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so and not only before incorporating to your job but also after.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
22 Northumberland Road
Fax: (+353) 14475043
C / Valle de Laciana nº52
Phone: (+34) 914210872
Fax: (+34) 932122 138
Keywords: Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Consultants in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, IMC, Irish Medical Council, SHO, Registrars, Consultants, doctors Ireland, specialists in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, jobs for Obstetricians in Ireland, medical jobs ireland.