Bologna Health Jobs has new exciting opportunity for a MICROBIOLOGY doctor in a VERY IMPORTANT public hospital of the HSE –in the South East of Ireland.
This is for a 4th Consultant Microbiologist post based at the hospital to provide, together with the 3 existing Consultant Microbiologists, the South East “Regional” clinical Microbiology, Infection Prevention & Control and Antimicrobial Stewardship services for the 4 acute hospitals as well as the diagnostic laboratory Microbiology service to these 5 hospitals and to all GPs, Public Health doctors, district, long stay & other community- based hospitals in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford & South Tipperary. This is a quality Microbiology clinical and public health laboratory service, highly regarded nationally, fully accredited to ISO standard operating out of the hospital. This service is unique in that it provides centralised Regional (Network 1) Microbiology service and in providing a Consultant provided service with only one Specialist Registrar. It is one of the busiest Microbiology departments in the country. There are three fulltime Microbiologists currently working in at the hospital.
Principal Duties and Responsabilities:
To perform the duties and functions of a Consultant Microbiologist including:
• Microbiology Laboratory Management.
• Supervision, interpretation & authorization of laboratory reports.
• Provision of Clinical Microbiology advisory service including participation in 24/7 on-call service.
• Undertake Infection Prevention & Control lead role in UHW. • Participate in hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship programme.
• Participate in HCAI/AMR Surveillance programme.
• Membership of UHW Infection Prevention & Control Committee, UHW Environmental Monitoring Committee and other committees, as appropriate.
• Liaise, where appropriate, with Public Health department & HPSC in the investigation and prevention of communicable diseases.
• Undertake clinical audit, research and participate in education, training and supervision of Specialist Registrar and other healthcare professionals.
• Participate in on-going CPD programmes.
• To act, if required, as Microbiological Examiner under Statutory Instrument S.I. No. 117 of 2010.
To commit to:
• Providing effective management and leadership of the discipline of Microbiology, commensurate with the resources made available, in accordance with the Regional Department of Laboratory Medicine assignment of such responsibilities
• Providing leadership for the quality, to the appropriate nationally accepted standard (ISO15189, ISO 17025, or equivalent) of the service provided within his/her discipline including participation in appropriate quality assurance schemes.
• Relating and functioning effectively with applicable accrediting and regulatory agencies, appropriate administration officials, the healthcare community and the patient population served.
• Providing clinical advice with respect to the choice of examinations, use of the services and the interpretation of examination results.
• Defining, implementing and monitoring standards of performance and quality improvement of the laboratory services or services.
• Co-operating with hospital management to ensure adequate cross cover is provided for colleagues during absences to ensure that essential services are available and standards are maintained. To participate in the Consultant Microbiologist on-call rota (1:4). To supervise and be responsible for the clinical work and the record keeping of all Non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and auxiliary staff attached to his/her department in the hospital.
To undertake teaching and research duties in his/her specialty.
To provide lectures as required in the hospital for student nurses, other nurses in training and other staff.
To participate in a system of professional practice review (including audit), to support the maintenance of service quality and standards.
To alternate with the other Consultants in the Department and to act for them as required during short-term absences including weekend and offduty leave
- Initial contracts of 1 year .
- Gross annual salary of 122.753€-160.893€ plus overtime. Approximate net monthly salary of 6000-7000€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions.
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants POSTS
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding .
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bologna Health Jobs is specialized in recruiting and placing doctors into permanent positions in private and public hospitals of Ireland.
Our business model is directed to supply the perfect fit not only towards our clients but also to the candidates. To do this will help the doctor in many issues to do with the selection process and the incorporation to our Client hospital as could be:
- Going over the CVs to adapt them to the vacancies.
- Help with registering with the Irish Medical Council (IMC).
- Tips and advice before the interviews with the hospitals.
- Help to get your experience recognized in Ireland if you are coming from abroad,
- Help with relocation issues.
- Tax advice.
- Career planning in Ireland.
In a nutshell we pride ourselves with having long term relationships with the candidates we place so we will help you in everything that we can possibly do so and not only before incorporating to your job but also after.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
22 Northumberland Road
Fax: (+353) 14475043
C / Valle de Laciana nº52
Phone: (+34) 914210872
Fax: (+34) 932122 138
Keywords: Microbiology, Consultants microbiology, IMC, Irish Medical Council, SHO, Registrars, Consultants, doctors Ireland, specialists in microbiology, jobs for microbiology in Ireland, medical jobs ireland.